For Congregations in the Diocese of New York
Instructions for the Completion of the Diocesan Emergency Grants Application (COVID-19 Response)
The Diocesan Emergency Grants are intended for congregations to use to replace income lost due to the COVID-19 crisis. The priority of these grants is to retain employees and keep property safe and appropriately operational. Because the needs are great and our resources are limited, we seek to make this process as equitable and simple as possible:
- Grants will be given to those congregations whose 2018 Normal Operating Income from their Parochial Report was UNDER $750,000
- Grants will be calculated using the income and expenses figures for the month of April 2020
- Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) Loans must be reported.
BE PREPARED TO COMPLETE THE ONLINE APPLICATION ONCE YOU BEGIN, YOU CANNOT SAVE AND RETURN. BE SURE YOU HAVE THE FOLLOWING INFO:
- Name of congregation and location with address
- Name of Rector, Priest in Charge, Interim, or current Supply clergy with email and telephone number
- Name of Warden (s) with email and telephone number
- For the month of April 2020 Only:
- Pledge/Envelope income
- Rental income
- Payroll Expenses (for each employee separately) including Health Insurance benefits and Pension, if applicable.If any employee has been let go or furloughed because of lost income, include what that person(s) would have been paid for April.
- Utilities costs (Gas and Electricity, water, telephone, internet, copier rental/lease, social media platform costs)
- Property Insurance Premiums
- Whether congregation has applied for PPP Loan
- PPP Loan amount received
- You must certify that information is accurate (name of person submitting application and title).
Please note that all fields other than the comments field require an entry and you will not be able to submit the application if you don't enter something in each one. If you have nothing to enter in the numeric fields, please enter "0".
If you have questions, please contact the Rev. Canon Nora Smith, Chair of the Diocesan Emergency Grants Committee.
We are sorry, but this form is now closed for submissions. If you have any questions, please contact the Rev. Canon Nora Smith by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.